Kinder@Flinders – Mt Martha Campus
Kinder@Flinders aims to provide authentic and engaging opportunities for 3 and 4 year old children to explore, investigate and learn more about themselves and their world. We believe children are created by God to be naturally inquisitive and creative. We endeavour to encourage them to develop their potential, use their unique gifts, natural abilities and tendencies to explore their world.
Kinder@Flinders provides a firm educational foundation and stepping stone into the community of Flinders Christian Community College. Children will be encouraged to develop investigative, inquiry based skills, curiosity and wonder through projects inspired by the Reggio Emilia Philosophy.
We are offering 3 and 4 year old Kinder at our Mt Martha Campus (New Peninsula Church, 370 Craigie Road, Mt Martha) and then transition across to our Tyabb Campus (155 Mornington-Tyabb road, Tyabb) for Prep to Year 12.
Kinder@Flinders Curriculum will follow the Early Years Learning Framework, providing opportunities for children to:
- Engage in play-based learning
- Develop a strong sense of wonder and curiosity
- Explore and learn about their world through a Christian perspective
- Build confidence
- Learn to communicate well with other children and adults
- Develop a strong sense of well-being
- Gain a rich, strong foundation for school
- Learn to interact within the school community
- Transition successfully into our Prep Program.
Kinder@Flinders facilities will:
- Provide a safe, stimulating, and engaging learning environment
- Embrace natural elements of light and space
- Have a natural play-scape that contributes to experiential learning and discovery.
- Guide, support and encourage the development of each child’s interest, imagination and understanding
- Encourage and nurture each child’s God given gifts and talents
- Provide an environment that offers encouragement, success, challenge, curiosity and stimulation
- Share about children’s learning discoveries and successes through recorded observations
- Work with parents and Flinders Christian Community College Junior School to provide a holistic learning approach.
3 year old Kinder
Monday and Friday
9:00am – 3:00pm
4 year old Kinder
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
9:00am – 3:00pm
Before and After Care
We offer before and after care at our Mt Martha Campus
Afternoons: 3:00pm – 5:30pm
National Quality Standard (NQS)
Kinder@Flinders, Mt Martha Campus has been rated as Exceeding National Quality Standard under the National Quality Framework. The National Quality Standard (NQS) sets a national benchmark for the quality of children’s education and care services across Australia.
Services are assessed against the NQS by the state or territory regulatory authority and receive a rating for each of the seven quality areas of the NQS, as well as an overall rating.
An overall rating of Exceeding NQS is given to services that go above and beyond the requirements of the NQS in at least four of the seven quality areas.
The National Quality Framework (NQF) for early childhood education and care was agreed by all Australian governments to get better educational and development outcomes for children using education and care services. Implementation of the NQF is guided by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).