Kinder@Flinders – Carrum Downs
Kinder@Flinders aims to provide authentic and engaging opportunities for 3 and 4 year old children to explore, investigate and learn more about themselves and their world. We believe children are created by God to be naturally inquisitive and creative. We endeavour to encourage them to develop their potential, use their unique gifts, natural abilities and tendencies to explore their world.
Kinder@Flinders provides a firm educational foundation and stepping stone into the community of Flinders Christian Community College. Children will be encouraged to develop investigative, inquiry based skills, curiosity and wonder through projects inspired by the Reggio Emilia Philosophy.
We know how important it is for young children to learn and explore in a safe, stimulating and engaging environment. That’s why we’ve designed our Kinder facilities around light, spacious indoor learning areas and exciting natural outdoor playscapes that your child will adore.
While your child is in our care we will cherish and nurture their God-given gifts and talents. We will guide, challenge, encourage and support them as they develop their imagination and understanding, and help you share in their discoveries and successes through our recorded observations.
Kinder@Flinders Curriculum will follow the Early Years Learning Framework, providing opportunities for children to:
- Engage in play-based learning
- Develop a strong sense of wonder and curiosity
- Explore and learn about their world through a Christian perspective
- Build confidence
- Learn to communicate well with other children and adults
- Develop a strong sense of well-being
- Gain a rich, strong foundation for school
- Learn to interact within the school community
- Transition successfully into our Prep Program.
Kinder@Flinders facilities will:
- Provide a safe, stimulating, and engaging learning environment
- Embrace natural elements of light and space
- Have a natural play-scape that contributes to experiential learning and discovery.
- Guide, support and encourage the development of each child’s interest, imagination and understanding
- Encourage and nurture each child’s God given gifts and talents
- Provide an environment that offers encouragement, success, challenge, curiosity and stimulation
- Share about children’s learning discoveries and successes through recorded observations
- Work with parents and Flinders Christian Community College Junior School to provide a holistic learning approach.
3 year old Kinder
Thursday and Friday
9:00am – 3:00pm
4 year old Kinder
Monday – Wednesday
9:00am – 3:00pm
Before and After Care – Camp Australia
For more than 28 years Camp Australia has delivered high quality and affordable Before and After School Care programs that nurtures and supports children’s development. Providing time to relax, educational activities and a healthy snack.
Before School Care: 6:45am – 8:30am
After School Care: 3:10pm – 6:00pm
The information outlined above covers the most common program times. For full listing of all programs including holiday program (over 200) details, and fees for the service, please visit the Camp Australia website or call 1300 105 343.