Kinder@Flinders – Mt Martha Campus
Kinder@Flinders aims to provide authentic and engaging opportunities for 3 and 4 year old children to explore, investigate and learn more about themselves and their world. We believe children are created by God to be naturally inquisitive and creative. We endeavour to encourage them to develop their potential, use their unique gifts, natural abilities and tendencies to explore their world.
Kinder@Flinders provides a firm educational foundation and stepping stone into the community of Flinders Christian Community College. Children will be encouraged to develop investigative, inquiry based skills, curiosity and wonder through projects inspired by the Reggio Emilia Philosophy.
If you’d like to know more about our Kinder@Flinders Mt Martha Campus, please contact our Tyabb campus. And if you would like to enrol please download and complete the application form, email it to email@example.com.
Tyabb/Mt Martha Application form (292kb)
We’ll be offering 3 and 4 year old Kinder at our Mt Martha Campus (New Peninsula Church, 370 Craigie Road, Mt Martha) and then transition across to our Tyabb Campus (155 Mornington-Tyabb road, Tyabb) for Prep to Year 12.
Kinder@Flinders Curriculum will follow the Early Years Learning Framework, providing opportunities for children to:
- Engage in play-based learning
- Develop a strong sense of wonder and curiosity
- Explore and learn about their world through a Christian perspective
- Build confidence
- Learn to communicate well with other children and adults
- Develop a strong sense of well-being
- Gain a rich, strong foundation for school
- Learn to interact within the school community
- Transition successfully into our Prep Program.
Kinder@Flinders facilities will:
- Provide a safe, stimulating, and engaging learning environment
- Embrace natural elements of light and space
- Have a natural play-scape that contributes to experiential learning and discovery.
- Guide, support and encourage the development of each child’s interest, imagination and understanding
- Encourage and nurture each child’s God given gifts and talents
- Provide an environment that offers encouragement, success, challenge, curiosity and stimulation
- Share about children’s learning discoveries and successes through recorded observations
- Work with parents and Flinders Christian Community College Junior School to provide a holistic learning approach.