We are an eSmart School
In August 2016 Flinders Christian Community College became accredited as an eSmart school. This certification is awarded by Alannah & Madeleine Foundation, in recognition of our journey over several years to ensure that all members of the Flinders Community understand what it means to be a smart and safe digital citizen.
Our eSmart certification recognises that as a College we:
- Have an eSmart Committee that meets on a regular basis to oversee the programs that support understanding of cybersafety issues.
- Recognise the importance of maintaining a safe online environment at school organisational level.
- Have put policies and processes in place to support safe online practices across the College.
- Promote a respectful and caring environment for students, staff and parents.
- Have a curriculum in place to continue to upskill our students in what it means to be smart and safe digital citizenships.
- Have programs in place to ensure that our staff are using smart technologies in a safe and effective manner.
- Include parents and other community organisations in our eSmart journey and the life of the College in general.
Earning our eSmart certification is not the end of the journey, it is just the beginning. Flinders continues to remain committed to helping all members of our community understand how to be safe and smart when using all forms of technology.
To see more about the eSmart Schools Program see the eSmart website.